birding-aus

Hattah Kulkyne trip

To: "Bob&Sadhana" <>
Subject: Hattah Kulkyne trip
From: "Lawrie Conole" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:37:33 +1000
>We saw 66 species for the day.  Interesting sightings included
>Mulga Parrot (in Northern area of the park), Crested Bellbird and
>Major Mitchell Cockatoo.  I believe all close to the Southern edge
>of their range - is this so??

Hi Bob & Sadhana

Firstly - congratulations & best wishes on the start of your big 'round
Australia' odyssey!

I think Wyperfeld is probably a good southerly mark for Mulgas & Pink
Cockies, but Crested Bellbirds are found south to just north of Ballarat in
Victoria (Clunes-Talbot area), and used to occur at Long Forest between
Bacchus Marsh & Melton.

I'm jealous of you being based in the mallee for a while - what a lovely
place to be at this time of year ......

Cheers -- Lawrie

L A W R I E   C O N O L E
2/37 Myrnong Crescent, Ascot Vale, Victoria 3032 AUSTRALIA.
Phone AH (03) 9370 3928; BH (03) 9489 4191; Mobile (0419) 588 993.
E-mail:  <>
Web page:  http://www.bluep.com/~oco/

     Raven feathers shiny and black
     A touch of blue glistening down her back

     Lucinda Williams, 2001.