birding-aus

Swift Parrot at Seven Hills (about 40 km west of Sydney)

To: <>
Subject: Swift Parrot at Seven Hills (about 40 km west of Sydney)
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:00:37 -0700
Heard a Swift Parrot briefly this morning flying over home. This is almost the 4th year in a row that I have seen/heard them in our area. My previous records/sightings here have been mainly in the early morning or late in the afternoon. I have a gut feel that they may be using the trees opposite our place as roosting spot. Must check around my area for any flowering Mugga Ironbarks or Spotted Gums if they are in flower or infected with lerps.

Edwin Vella