birding-aus

Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:26:58 +1200

Subject: Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:26:58 +1200
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 00:27:02 +1000 (EST)
Hi everyone

Thanks to all those contributors who write about BIRDS.  Lately any new
subscribers could have been forgiven for thinking this was a literature
discussion group or one where we talk about birders instead of birds ....

The occasional throw-away line or off-topic comment is OK - as long as we can
ignore it after that.   If you want to pick up a non-bird topic, please do so
privately with the original sender.  And please try to avoid public discussion
of people  - list members or otherwise - and their good/bad points.  Join a
philosophy or psychology list for that, (checking that your legal insurance is
all paid up).

One last grumble  - please remember that messages of a commercial nature should
not be sent to this list.  Sometimes there are grey areas, and I'm usually
happy for people to inform us of trips they are getting together -  in order to
fill remaining places, or to let people know about a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to see a difficult species or region. But please drop me a line
about it first.  Otherwise it is quite unfair to list members who ARE involved
with commercial tour groups, and who send in trip reports after the event, but
don't advertise the trips as such.

A little discreet information is usually fine- blatant advertising ain't.

Russell

---
Russell Woodford
Birding-Aus Administrator