birding-aus

Endangered Woodland, Sydney

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Endangered Woodland, Sydney
From: "Brian Everingham" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:27:49 +1000
Thanks to all who are now highlighting those remnant Cumberland Plains Woodlands. It is not too late to fight for their protection and stop development of what is left but we must act in concert.

For those who want some briefing notes the covering letter from the National Parks Association of NSW to the REP can be viewed at http://www.savetheadisite.bmt.com.au/draft_rep_submissions/npa_notes.html and further information can also be gained by contacting Andrew Cox, Executive Officer, National Parks Association of NSW, PO Box A96, Sydney South NSW 1235 Tel: 02 9299 0000; Fax: 02 9290 2525
Email:
m("npansw.org.au","execofficer");"> Website: http://www.npansw.org.au

The NPA handed out a detailed two page briefing sheet at that rally on 1st April and continues to lobby hard for this specific patch. You will all no doubt be aware that it was also instrumental in protecting Silverwater Nature Reserve, Scheyville and Castlereagh and is still campaigning for other remnants as outlined in our Latham Report.

We look forward to your support here and also in western NSW where we are fighting hard for the protection of the Pilliga and the gazettal of Goonoo State Forest near Dubbo as a national park. Amongst others!!!!

Brian Everingham
Hon Secretary
National Parks Association of NSW
PO Box 269