birding-aus

Very sad news

Subject: Very sad news
From: Lainie Berry <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:15:49 +1000
Hi all,
I've just received the following message from our Head of Department.
Some of you might like to know about the planned gathering.
Lainie Berry

By now many of you will have heard the very sad news that Professor Mike
Cullen died last Friday, 23 March.

To celebrate his contribution to science and to farewell his his spirit,
the Department will host an informal gathering in late April. The
provisional date is 27 April. I will confirm the date and the
arrangements later. In the meantime we are endeavouring (with
considerable help from Stella Crossley) to contact as many of his
ex-students and associates as possible. I should be grateful if you
could pass this information to anyone who might be interested.

Margaret Clayton
--
Professor Margaret Clayton
Head