birding-aus

Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] That site for ....SPAM

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] That site for ....SPAM
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:13:26 +1000
g'day all,

Maybe not much can be done once unwanted mail has been received......
but you can stop getting any more email from that same sender.

I suspect that various spammers read and copy our email address's from
Birding-Aus and send email direct.
I have received 12 Spams to my Birding email address, but not my other email
addresses.

I use the "Block Sender" facility on MS Outlook Express.
(The MS Help facility also explains the following procedure)

Each time I want to block a sender
(when I have the unwanted message still open )
I...
... Click Message ( On the menu bar)
... Click Block Sender
... Click Yes.

If you want to review/revise your list of blocked email address's
... Click Tools ( On the menu bar)
... Click Message Rules
... Click Blocked Senders List

Netscape and Eudora no doubt would have similiar facilities.

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.