birding-aus

Re: Birds of these parts ....

Subject: Re: Birds of these parts ....
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:03:19 -0800 (PST)
Attn: Mike Ryan

G'day Mike, and all birding~ausers.

Further to our latest conversation today, what I am
hoping to get up and running each year if possible? is
for the young and not so young people of these parts
to get involved in a wild bird survey. It's a
brilliant way to see how we as humans are caring for
the local environment.

What say you about we start say local? either Hastings
or you select a township?

What I thought was say a group of schoolchildren at
their school or perhaps outside? carry out a search
for birds in a safe manner, hopefully with good
teacher supervison?

I can get the data with ease on local birds? what
would be the chances of you handling the print side of
things? ouch as the cost does hurt eh? if they find
some they don't recognise then let me know, so I can
help out with bird ID? I could go to there school if
that's needed to help out?

Who knows how this might spread eh?

Many sincere thanks for all your help now and in the
past. I'll do my best to get the latest pelican story
to you asap.

John A. Gamblin