birding-aus

Spotted Greenshank report

Subject: Spotted Greenshank report
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:13:49 +0930
Hi all
I heard third-hand that somebody had reported seeing Spotted
Greenshank recently at East Point, Darwin. The person's name
may have been Anthony Miller and he is apparently from Adelaide.
I'd like to get some details on the report, so:
a) if Anthony is reading this, can you please pass on some info?
OR
b) if anyone knows whom I'm talking about, can they pass on my
message or ask him to contact me?
OR
c) if you've heard of the report can you contact me?

There was a Garganey at the Darwin Sewage Works yesterday but
it had gone by late afternoon. There are a few Yellow Wagtails at
the sewage works and two Little Ringed Plovers. There were about
40 Oriental Plovers at Nightcliff, near Darwin, this morning; rather
unusual to see them on the coast here during November.
There has been no further news on the Gurney's Eagle reported
from Holmes Jungle, near Darwin recently, nor the Green
Sandpiper reported from Alice Springs.
Cheers
Niven