birding-aus

1080 fox baits and Little Terns

To: <>
Subject: 1080 fox baits and Little Terns
From: "Dennis Hill" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 05:27:01 +1000
It is coming up to breeding season and I need some info on Fox baiting on beaches. We have a small Little Tern nest site on Pelican Island in Port Macquarie, but siltation of the "Back Channel" means that foxes can cross to the island at low tide.
Hastings Birdwatchers monitors the population of waders on a regular basis but foxes are areal problem.Does anyone have any ideas that we can put to council and NPWS?
Dennis and Annette Hill.

Pappinbarra Research Centre
PO Box 20, Beechwood NSW 2446.