birding-aus

Common or European Blackbird

Subject: Common or European Blackbird
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:11:23 +1000
I've just received "Gumnuts" (A newsletter for subscribers to
Australian Plants online) Number 29 - September 2000

Published by The Association of Societies for Growing Australian
Plants  http://farrer.csu.edu.au/ASGAP

"It seems that European blackbirds are causing a reasonable
amount of garden damage in Melbourne - there have been several
recent inquiries to the web site asking for ways to control
them. [This] problem seems typical....

"I live in Melbourne and parts of my garden are destroyed daily
by
blackbirds. They dig up small plants, scatter mulch everywhere
and are a general pest. Any idea of a good way to discourage
them (short of picking them off with a shotgun- not that I have
access to one!!)""

Michael Norris