birding-aus

Bird Route Booklets

To: Timothy Hyde <>
Subject: Bird Route Booklets
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:07:14 +0800

Tim Hyde <> asked about making the various bird route
pamphlets available online.  He suggested the birding-aus site.

I will be negotiating with Birds Australia WA group to put their 30 to 40
brochures online on my web pages.  However, I can't see this happening
until the end of the year.

What format would people prefer them to be in?  PDF, RTF or MS Word?  I am
thinking about PDF as this seems to be more universal, but I don't have the
ability to create this format, but hopefully Birds Australia will be able
to provide them.

Meanwhile, I have a list of nearly all the WA brochures on my web pages on
my web pages at http://www.iinet.net.au/~foconnor in the Reference section.
You need to contact BAWA for details of how to get copies.  They are free,
although they ask for a donation to cover reprinting costs.  They should
also be available at the tourist bureaus in each of the shires.

ear
> after year in patches of habitat they regularly visit, even in
> well-populated areas.   Also, there's a marked bias to spring/summer
> birding in the escarpment parks which is not conducive to finding
> swifities!
>
> This could well be what has contributed to lack of observations in
> Toowoomba in the past and I'd be interested to hear of similar =
experiences
> elsewhere.
>
> Until the Swift Parrot tip-off this year, Glen Lomond Park was one of =
the
> least visited parks for birding!   Why?  I guess the perception has =
always
> been there are better places to bird lower down along the escarpment =
and
> with easier walks, particularly Redwood Park, so Glen Lomond never =
got
> priority.  As it turns out, Glen Lomond has proven an exceptional =
winter
> birding area and one that will get lot more attention from now on.
>
> Please contact me if you'd like more specific directions to the =
swifties
> in Glen Lomond.
>
> If you do happen to see Swift Parrots around Toowoomba or the Lockyer
> Valley, I'd be grateful if you'd keep me posted.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael Atzeni
> Environmental Modeller
> Intensive Livestock Environmental Management Services
> Department of Primary Industries
> PO Box 102, Toowoomba QLD 4350, AUSTRALIA
>
> ph:    (07) 46 881 318   fax:    (07) 46 881 192
> email:
> web:  http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/ilems/
>
> =
=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=
=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB