birding-aus

Bird Route Booklets

Subject: Bird Route Booklets
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:32:20 +1000
 wrote:

> Tim Hyde <> asked about making the various bird route
> pamphlets available online.  He suggested the birding-aus site.
[snip]
> What format would people prefer them to be in?  PDF, RTF or MS Word?  I am
> thinking about PDF as this seems to be more universal, but I don't have the
> ability to create this format, but hopefully Birds Australia will be able
> to provide them.

Not MS Word!  Plain text would be great, but if you want to embed
graphics then HTML would be best.  Both formats are as universal
and you can get and widely used so tools to read and write files
are also widely, and often freely, available.

PDF is great if you want to publish a final, printer-ready version
of a document, but not so good if you plan to make changes (and it
costs money to buy the tools to produce PDF files...)