birding-aus

Magellan Blazer 12????

Subject: Magellan Blazer 12????
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:54:25 +1000

G'day all

I've tried a couple of times lately to send this message but I don't think it
has worked.  My apologies if you have all seen this before.

I need advice on a cheap GPS.  The Magellan 300 (Pioneer) is the cheapest around
but seems to lack a few features.  Russell Woodford likes his - it does what he
needs and probably what I need also.  We've just heard what another thinks of
his (it's in the bin!).  The next model up is the Magellan Blazer12.  Does
anyone own this model.  I know nothing about the Garmins but they seem to be
well regarded.  The cheapest is probably right on my price limit.

Last year I borrowed a Magellan 2000 from the Atlas project.  It was a beautiful
machine and retails in the BA shop for around $500.  I saw one on on the
DickSmith web site last week for $150 (priced to clear).  I registered to buy
from them and looked again - but it was gone.  What a bargain.  Whoever took it
also took the car adapter (also marked down).  The (very cheap) carry case is
still available however - if any of you were the lucky buyer.

Back to the point - if anyone has any comments on the Blazer12 I would
appreciate hearing them.

Cheers

Steve

Steve Clark
45 Carmichael Street, Hamilton, Victoria, 3300
www.ansonic.com.au/clarks/sw_birds.htm