birding-aus

Seeing Scrub-robins

Subject: Seeing Scrub-robins
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:49:18 +1000 (EST)
I've always found Sthn Scrub-robins to be difficult beasts to find (though
the odd one can be quite confiding). My partner Margaret may have found a
novel method of doing so though. Camping last week at Round Hill, I went for
a walk, and she stayed to do some 'housework'. (No, NOT always!!!!!)

Banging a few pots and implements almost immediately produced a very cranky
SSR, rushing about ("too close to focus my binoculars") and chattering
loudly. Needless to say, it left just before I got back, and the experiment
was not repeatable, though it swore at us from a distance when I tried.

Oh well, if you're really stuck....

cheers

Ian
Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
GPO Box 3268, Canberra, ACT 2601
ph: 02 6249 1560  fax: 02 6247 3227
---