birding-aus

Apostlebirds

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Apostlebirds
From: "Brian Everingham" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:05:42 +1100
Now in another life when I was teaching at Heathcote High School, in the
early 80's (sorry ... I can't yet track my notes to determine which year and
months ... but it was before 1983) there was a small family of 5-8
Apostlebirds that lived around the school and came right up to the staff
room window to within 30cm of me. The window had that reflective film on it
so the birds thought they were approachiong other birds. They stayed for
several months. For those in the know this school borders on Royal National
Park in the southern coastal strip on the edge of Sydney... well outside its
range. I still do know not how they got there nor where they went. But
Apostlebirds they were!
Brian Everingham

Include ONLY "unsubscribe birding-aus"