birding-aus

RFI Jordan & Switzerland

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Jordan & Switzerland
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:31:08 +1100
Hi All,

Has anyone any information on birding in Jordan or Syria. as well as
Switzerland, southern Germany?

We will be in Jordan for four days in early March, then again , probably
also Syria, for a fortnight in mid-April.

We will be based in Zürich from March 4 until April 12, doing short trips
into the surrounding areas. Trevor Ford has lent us books on birding France
and Italy, thanks Trevor.

But we know next to nothing about the Middle-East. Our base in Jordan will
be Amman. I believe the northward migration from Africa to Europe could
take place in Jordan around that time. Does anyone know peak times there,
and good locations?

There is one other request. Does anyone know if there is a birding group
(hopefully with outings) in Zürich? Or even a birding contact person? I can
speak German at a reasonable conversational level, but I'm not up on
Swiss-German. However, that could be overcome in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can take the time to help. By the way, this is
not a birding-only holiday.

Regards,

Jill

Jill Dening