birding-aus

birding-aus Highlights

To: Birding-Aus<>
Subject: birding-aus Highlights
From: Tom and Dixie <>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:55:06 -0800
G'day All:  I have been reluctant to write about my hihlights because there
have been almost no bird-related events you could call highlights.  After
reading Ron Stannards
e-mail and another by someone who spoke of the recovery of their health as
a high light I'm inspired to put my fingers to my keyboard.  Since my last
good birding day, June 27,1998,  I've been spending most of my time
rehabilitating myself.  My birding has been limited to the birds I could
see from my car with a window mounted telescope.  One of my highlights has
been reading about your's on birding-aus.  That is all changed now.  I'm
able to walk wherever I wish so long as I do it slowly.  Slowly is
sometimes a virtue if you are also attentive to your surroundings. By
April, the boreal spring, I'll be birding along the Oregon coast.  By late
May I'll be able to renew my annual pigrimage to Malheur National Wildlife
Refuge.  Soon after that I'll get serious about planning my trip to Oz.
There are still lots of birds I need to see or see again in north Q'ld and
elsewhere.  My birding around Kingfisher Park Bird Watcher's Lodge was cut
short by my car crash.  Next visit to KPBWL I'm going to leave that part
out.  My real highlight is that I'm still here and able to bird on another
day.
        I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year filled with
birds.
                        Tom Nelson, Corvallis, Oregon, USA

quotes)