birding-aus

birding-aus 1999 environment awards

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: birding-aus 1999 environment awards
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 14:48:15 +1100
Let's send thanks to Peter Beattie for trying to end the
Queensland bush clearances which were sending Australia to the
top of the 1999 international dirty environmental league.

And boo to Robert Hill for saying it's nothing to him.

More locally, praise to Melbourne Water and Bayside City Council
for the new Elsternwick lakes and to the Council for trying to
restrict dogs at Ricketts Point: the major wader/tern site on
eastern Port Phillip Bay.  If you care about it get on to the
Council before Monday's crucial council meeting.

If Father Christmas is a subscriber: Yup I'd like some of them
binos, especially since I've dropped my Bushmasters at least 10
times....

Michael Norris
Hampton, Vic.

quotes)