birding-aus

birding-aus Sydney Robins

To: "bird oz" <>
Subject: birding-aus Sydney Robins
From: "KEITH BRANDWOOD" <>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:22:01 +0100
Hi everyone/ sydneysiders
Took a visiting pommie around the traps yesterday
clocked 108 species,the good news is that we can
still see 4 red robins on the Cumberland Plain.
The Cumberland Plain for those not in the know
is bounded by the Pacific Ocean to the east of Syd
from Broken Bay in the north to Bulli in the south a
distance of  96.56 km.Northern and western
boundaries being the Hawksbury&Nepean rivers
southern limit  is the Cataract Dam &river where
a line extends to the coast near Bulli.
The 4 robins being Flame, Scarlet,Red-capped
& Rose, we also had a Pink-robin @ Mitchell
Park this year seen by Fred Smith & some other
Victorians if any of that party reads this I would
like to get a report on this rarity to the Sydney
area.

ph.0245790070
SYDNEY NSW

quotes)