birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Sydney Robins

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Sydney Robins
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 14:14:20 +1000
     Keith,

     While I commend you on your observations of four species of "red
     robins", I must correct your discription of the Cumberland Plains. The
     geographical area that you have given is in fact the County of
     Cumberland. The Cumberland Plains is a Geological area refered to as
     the Cumberland Basin and is generaly refered to as the Shale. It is
     not bounded by the Nepean or Hawkesbury Rivers, it does extend west
     and south of thes two (or one) Rivers. And it does not extend to the
     coast.

        Regards,

        Alan leishman,
        Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney.