birding-aus

birding-aus Fairy-wrens in arid zone

To: "John Leonard" <>, "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Fairy-wrens in arid zone
From: "Philip A Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:41:08 +1000
Now that is a good one. I for one, am always impressed by Dick Schodde but I
believe his ability to
create new species is as limited as that of all of us. "Creation" of new
species tends to take a long time. Sorry Dr John, I think you mean Dr
Richard has identified or named, rather than created. Anyway there is some
basis to the rumour that taxonomy is the only only science in which the
opinion of the expert is as important as any other evidence, especially when
it comes to setting dividing lines in what can be a complex continuum.