birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Black-breasted Buzzard - another at Gunbower Is

To: "Lawrence E. Conole" <>, "birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Black-breasted Buzzard - another at Gunbower Is
From: Goodfellow <>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 99 10:28:33 +0930
Lawrence
The best view I had of a Black-breasted Buzzard was on the old Jim Jim
Road near Kakadu a few years ago.  It was feeding on a very large and
dead Mulga Snake when my colleague and I drove up.  As we stopped to
examine the kill the buzzard strode off to the side of the road and
positioned itself behind a tree peering out from either side every so
often to see whether we had gone.  Then after a few minutes it seemed to
grow impatient and began pacing to and fro like an expectant father.  As
soon as we drove off the buzzard strode back to the snake and resumed
feeding.
Denise Goodfellow

quotes)