birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Migrant arrivals

To: "Birding-aus" <>, "Jill Dening" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Migrant arrivals
From: "Vicki Parslow Stafford" <>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:25:51 -0400
> From: Jill Dening <>
> To: Birding-aus <>
> Subject: birding-aus Migrant arrivals
> Date: Sunday, 11 April 1999 17:53
>
> Sunshine Coast, Qld, garden
>
> Gosh I do get so excited when the southern migrants return with the first
> sign of winter. I was just drifting through the Sunday morning routine
when
> I heard that high squeaking gate call of the Grey Fantail, and rushed
> outside with excitement. "You're back! Welcome!," I called to the
fantail,
> and rushed inside  to find husband James and drag him outside to share
this
> annual joy. I make no apology for the excited response I feel; rather I
> feel fortunate to be able to gain so much enjoyment from these small
things.
<<snip>>

I enjoyed your post, Jill!  Our local Willie Wagtails have been extremely
active and vocal since Easter (in other words, since the REAL Autumn
weather has started), and I'm looking out every day for the first Grey
Fantails and YFHEs.  The Spangled Drongos are headin' up and movin' out,
and I saw my first "emancipated juvenile" Black-faced Cuckoo-Shrike in the
yard today.

Vicki PS