birding-aus

RE: birding-aus Taxonomy of Swifts

To: "" <>
Subject: RE: birding-aus Taxonomy of Swifts
From: Paul van Gasse <>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:10:44 +0100
birding-aus

Gil,

If you can't find Apus nipalensis in the database, then it has certainly been
lumped in Apus affinis. It all depends on what view is followed. Thus, they are
still considered two separate species in Sibley and Monroe. However, several
recent major field guides have lumped them again, such as Birds of Wallacea and
Birds of the Indian Subcontinent.

So, if you only find Apus affinis, it certainly includes A. nipalensis.

Paul Van Gasse
Kruibeke, Belgium