birding-aus

birding-aus Mystery Bird - Help!

Subject: birding-aus Mystery Bird - Help!
From: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:54:29 +1000 (EST)
birding-aus

Hi all

a few weeks ago I referred to a huge increase in a feral species in
Grovedale, near Geelong, Vic.  My colleauge, a chemistry teacher, called
them small green parrots, supposedly of Sth African origin.

SO... she took a video, which I've edited and put on a web site.  Please
have a look and tell me WHAT they are!

The birds have increased from about 6 to over 200 in the last 8 years
since their release.

WARNING - the movie file is 2.8Mb but it should display and play while it
downloads so you can stop it when you know the answer! (a.k.a. "Don't try
this at home!")

I will put up some smaller clips when I get a chance to edit them next
week - and maybe some stills for easier download/display.

CHeers

Russell

Russell Woodford
          PH: 03 52 739237
MOB:  0419 395 100  FAX:  03 52 739371
Aural Online            http://www.shc.vic.edu.au/music/index.html
Birding-Aus Pages       http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)