birding-aus

birding-aus Broad-billed Sandpipers at Kooragang Island/Stockton

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Broad-billed Sandpipers at Kooragang Island/Stockton
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:54:49 +1000
Just would like to know if Broad-billed Sandpipers are still being seen at Kooragang Island/Stockton (Newcastle) in recent months ? I rember people telling me that there was once upto 200 Broad-billeds regularly present at one stage in this part of Newcastle, but to my knowledge, few people report them these days in this location (perhaps like most of the other smaller waders, which particularly in recent years, have stayed away from sight). I have heard no reports during the last summer. Despite several searches over the years in this area and twice on the Cairns Esplanade, this is one species that has eluded me.

Has anyone been seeing any Waders and White-winged Black -Terns in breeding plumage? It's that time of year again!

Edwin