birding-aus

Re: birding-aus FW: Spotted Bowerbird record in SE Qld

To: "Atzeni, Michael" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus FW: Spotted Bowerbird record in SE Qld
From: "John Walter" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:48:08 +1000
birding-aus

----------
Michael Atzeni wrote;

> As promised, here are the details of the only Spotted Bowerbird record I
> know of in the Lockyer Valley.  Also the most easterly I know of.  The
site
> is probably worth revisiting for the Atlas on that basis alone.  Does
anyone
> else know of other easterly records for SE Qld, apart from Tom's recent
> Stanthorpe sighting?

We have had two sightings of Spotted Bowerbirds in our garden in 28 years,
Pittsworth   27*43' 58"S  151*37' 97"E is situated in Basaltic Uplands on
the Darling Downs Qld. I can only find details of one sighting which was
01-08-'88. When we observed a male bird under a Wilga Geijera parviflora [a
native tree to our area and much favoured by Spotted Bowerbirds, as a bower
site further west].

John & Ruth Walter,
PO Box180,
Pittsworth,
Queensland,
Australia 4356.
Phone 07 4693 1487
Fax 07 4693 1469
E-mail

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)