birding-aus

RFI Eastern Indonesia, contacts and Bird Books

Subject: RFI Eastern Indonesia, contacts and Bird Books
From: "stuart collins" <>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:01:47 PST
RFI Kupang Indonesia

My partner and I, both budding birders,  are looking forward to a
posting to Kupang in West Timor, Indonesia. I shall be making occasional
trips to Flores Island, Komodo Island  and to East Timor.

Does anyone know of any birding contacts over there?

Also I wonder where I can get hold of a bird list for the area if such a
thing exists. I believe there is a book out now called ?Birds of
Wallacea? which I am looking for. Does anyone know where to get it?

With many thanks

Stuart Collins