birding-aus

Re: falling off hobby-horses

Subject: Re: falling off hobby-horses
From: Ian Fraser <>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 14:34:49 +1000 (EST)
Oops. The slings and arrows don't always come from where you'd expect! John
Leonard says:
>I don't think that anyone should be using the term Pharisee in a pejorative
>sense these days?the usage springs from a strand of Christian anti-Jewish
>sentiment that one would hope is long passed.

My apologies to anyone offended; I plead ignorance, with its fan flamed by
over-enthusiastic rhetoric (some might say hot air...). My SUnday School
days are long gone, and if I ever knew the correct definition of a pharisee,
I've long forgotten it.

Oh well, I guess that's today's lesson!

Cheers

Ian
---
Ian Fraser, Canberra
Environment Tours; Vertego Environmental Writing Consultancy
GPO Box 3268, Canberra, ACT 2601
ph: 02 62491560 fax: 02 62473227