birding-aus

Re: Binoculars

Subject: Re: Binoculars
From: Barry Levine <>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:57:22 -0700 (PDT)
Lainie,
I bought a pair of Ultralite's three years ago and have enjoyed them.
For the price I believe I got my moneys worth. Of course I would enjoy a
pair of Leica's, but that's another story. The upside of the Ultralites is
their light weight and clarity. I have never had trouble with them fogging
up. The down side has been that the eyecups, which I fold for my glasses,
have split from the use (abuse?) that I have meted out to them. My wife"s
pair has had a focusing wheel that is has become somewhat stiff to
turn. Not awful mind you, but a little annoyance.
We made our choice after consulting a couple of warehouses in the US. At
the time, for the price range we were seeking ($200 US) these seemed to
be our best option. Hope this helps.

Barry Levine

Seattle, Wa.