birding-aus

Re: Sandpiper query

To: Dr Tonia Cochran <>
Subject: Re: Sandpiper query
From: moris <>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:05:22 +1000
Dr Tonia Cochran wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have just received the following request for info on the Sharp-tailed
> sandpiper. Can anyone help? Thank-you. All the best, Tonia.

Tony,
The enquiry relates to a school environmental project quiz, many
schools  are involved. It is a type of "who dunnit" but the victims are
animals or birds, "murdered" by environemntal catastropes or villians,
such as oil spills, destruction of wetlands, a shooter, careless
fishermen etc. My suggestion on how to handle such enquiries is to send
the enquirer off to a library or the Internet, otherwise you end up
doing the job for them and they get the credit, and no experience in
following up references.

Alan Morris