birding-aus

RE bird Survey techniques

Subject: RE bird Survey techniques
From: Niels Poul Dreyer <>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:02:35 +1000 (EST)
Hi Folks

Could someone perhaps from RAOU Birds Australia give me some references to
systematic bird surveying techniques. QNPWS Central Coast Region is
interested in undertaking bird survey in two areas:

1) Riparian forest adjacent to undisturbed stateforest

2) Riparian forest adjacent to catte pastures or sugar cane

The objective is to find out which species are dependent upon whether the
two habitats bordering up to each other or not. Has anybody undertaken such
a task in the past?

Regards from Niels Dreyer

PS I saw a dugong with calf this weekend and a crested tern carrying a sea-snake
Off to see bridled nailtail wallaby this long weekend.

Niels Poul Dreyer
10/35-37 Denman camp Road
Scarness, Qld 4655
Telephone 0741 248132