birding-aus

RFI: Trip around Australia

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI: Trip around Australia
From: Phil Rankin <>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 00:28:38 -0400
I am off around Australia for 3-4 months and am leaving Newcastle NSW on
4th May. I intend going west to Broken Hill then on to the Flinders Ranges
in SA. From there I will be travelling to Oodnadatta on the Oodnadatta
track then following the old Ghan railway to Finke and Alice Springs. From
there to Uluru and across the Gunbarrell Highway to Waverton in WA and down
through Kalgoolie and into South Western WA and onto Perth. From there up
thw WA coast to Broome and Derby and along the Gibb River Road to Katherine
in NT. From there to Darwin and Kakadu and then across the bottom of the
gulf to Normanton and then Cairns. Cairns to Cooktown via the Daintree and
Cape Tribulation and then up to Cape York , calling into the Iron Range on
the way. I will then be travelling down the coast to home at Newcastle.

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me of any good spots to
particularly visit or anyone that I could contact on the way around who may
help.

Thanking you in anticipation

Phillip Rankin