birding-aus

Parrots in backyards

To: <>
Subject: Parrots in backyards
From: "Reg Clark" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:42:52 +1000
Hello all,

These sightings were made on a small surburban block within 20kms of the
Sydney CBD adjoining a bush-filled reserve surrounded by domestic
development in St. Ives:

Rainbow Lorikeet
King Parrot
Scaly-breasted Lorikeet
Eastern Rosella
CrimsonRosella
Galah
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo
Little Corella
Long-billed Corella
Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo
Glossy Black Cockatoo

These birds I have seen during the past 12 months.In addition, over the
last couple of years several  fugitives have  made brief but interesting
appearances;

Major Mitchell's Cockatoo
Regent Parrot
Red-capped Parrot

Having come to birding rather late in life,seeing these birds in  most
cases daily,is a source of constant delight to me.

Reg Clark