birding-aus

Re: ONE OR MANY

To: Julian Bielewicz <>
Subject: Re: ONE OR MANY
From: WM James Davis <>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 11:38:42 +1000 (EST)
Julian:

   I am NOT in favor of one birding organization.  Decentralizing
resources has worked and will continue to work when it comes to supporting
local issues.  When everyone puts their money into one pool the local
groups effectively lose control.  Why? because you can't eliminate
politics. If there is a good conservation project that needs support than
it is mine opinion that multiple groups should contribute money instead of
giving all of the power to a handful of people, etc.  I have more to say
but I'll leave it at that....

Cheers, Jim

Dr. Wm. James Davis
e-mail