birding-aus

Re: Garden Birds

To: <>, "Peter Woodall" <>
Subject: Re: Garden Birds
From: "Michael Miller" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 19:22:25 +1100
Hi all

I live in an outer eastern suburb of Melbourne and for sheer numbers of
birds the Red-browed Firetail outnumbers even the introduced birds in my
backyard. Admittedly theres a reserve not far from my house and I do supply
seed for the birds but not in large amounts and not enough to sustain them
soley on the seed I supply.

Despite the presence of a neighbours cat the birds persist (although a few
well aimed rocks seem to have discouraged the cats somewhat).

regards
Mick Miller