birding-aus

RE: Brown Songlark early arrival

To: "" <>
Subject: RE: Brown Songlark early arrival
From: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 97 15:20:00 PDT
Steve

I've seen my first Brown Songlark for the season about mid August this
year at Richmond (west of Sydney) where I''ve seen upto 20 birds in this
location in one summer. It was a male bird which was not calling. The
earliest I've seen them in this area is early October. I still haven't
seen any Rufous Songlark's yet in Sydney but like the Brown's, they vary
in numbers with about 15 birds seen one year at Richmond. White-winged
Triller number's also vary with 3 male birds calling within a km from
each other on one day. They are however more common out west over the
ranges than around Sydney.

Cheers!

Edwin