birding-aus

Re: Cuckoo years: good and bad

Subject: Re: Cuckoo years: good and bad
From: Ian Temby <>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:02:46 -0712 (EDT)
To continue the cuckoo thread:

I saw and heard several Horsfield's Bronze Cuckoos at Werribee, southwest of
Melbourne, during the last week of August.  On Monday this week, as I cycled to
work along the Yarra Bike path from Templestowe to the city, a distance of some
25 km, I heard Shining Bronze, Pallid and Fantailed Cuckoos calling.  Also saw
two Platypus as I crossed the Yarra.  Not birds, but a bit of a bonus!  I will
post
info about my daily birding as I commute at a later date.

Cheers

Ian
=======================================
Ian Temby
Wildlife Damage Control Officer
Secretary, BIRDS Australia Parrot Association
Flora and Fauna Branch
Department of Natural Resources and Environment
4/250 Victoria Parade
EAST MELBOURNE   VIC   3002
AUSTRALIA

Phone   613 9412 4429