birding-aus

PUTTY RD BIRDING

To: "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: PUTTY RD BIRDING
From: "Stuart, Alan AD" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:22:27 +1000
A special plea to all list members who sometimes go birding along Putty
Rd, or in Singleton, or anywhere else within the Hunter Valley and
nearby areas.

The Hunter Bird Observers Club publishes an annual report of the status
of the species that are found within the Hunter Region (which extends
from Wyee in the south to Forster/Taree in the north, inland to a bit
beyond Merriwa, and also includes a bit of the Pacific Ocean).  Our list
has over 350 species, but for some of these we don't get many records in
any year. Your records would be very useful to us for the reports -
especially for things like Ground Cuckoo-shrike, Painted Honeyeater,
Plum-headed Finch (drool, drool to all of these) but sightings of
anything from anywhere within the region are important.

Please consider sending us copies of your records whenever you go
birding around here.  They can be e-mailed to me (address below);
alternatively, if you're put off by having to do all the typing, I can
send you copies of our tick-a-box record sheet which you can mail to
HBOC when filled in.

Alan Stuart