birding-aus

RE:PUTTY RD BIRDING

To: "Vella, Edwin" <>
Subject: RE:PUTTY RD BIRDING
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:10:44 +1000 (EST)
Hi there

I'm very interested in your list, because I do get to Singleton (nearby)
once or twice a year.  My sister-in-law is there, and used to live at
Broke, where the birding is better than town!  Other nice species I've
seen in the area are Rock Warbler, Zebra Finch, Ground Cuckoo-Shrike,
Yellow Thornbill, Bell Miner and a variety of birds of prey. Grey-crowned
Babbler are still common enough (in Singleton as well). Any egrets,
ibis or spoonbills can be expected on the dams and ponds in the Broke -
Pokolbin area, plus all 3 grebes.  And if you can't find any birds, there
are one or two wineries in the vicinity....

Cheers

Russell Woodford
Geelong