birding-aus

Spotting Scopes

Subject: Spotting Scopes
From: Michael Hines <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:16:06 +1000 (GMT+1000)
       A request from a Stradbroke Island friend for information on
spotting scopes for whale watching from his verandah has resulted in my
finding the following web sites:
       Optics for great bird sightings.
http://www.vicnet.net.au/vicnet/optics.html

       Better View Desired      The Reference Set
http://www.biddeford.com/%7Esing/BVD.html

       Oxford University Libraries Automation Service     rec.birds
Monthly Optics for Birding FAQ
http://www.lib.ox.ac.uk/internet/news/faq/archive/birds-faq.optics.html

       I would be grateful for advice from other Birding-Aus members from
their own experiences and for other pertinent web sites.   Many thanks
Mike