birding-aus

Bird books

Subject: Bird books
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:10:06 +1000 (EST)
I thought I'd better give you contact details for the bookstore in
Geelong that I mentioned in yesterday's message.

Barwon Booksellers
2 James Street
Geelong (near the central mall area)
03-52 218388

They have a store in Queenscliffe which opens occasionally but I'm not
sure when.

It is at: 81 Hesse St Queenscliffe
          Ph 03 - 52584522

Now I've done it!   That will probably be the end of a secret treasure
trove of bird books, and Lawrie Conole & other local birders will never
speak to me again ...
It's a nice shop to visit because everything is set out like a library, so
you can FIND the bird books (and music books, and sheet music, and
whatever takes your fancy) - they're even in one place!

My only other suggestion for people trying to get books CHEAPLY is to go
to Nepal, where I saw field guides to just about every region on earth.
None of the books looked terribly new - they may have been - but they were
CHEAP.  e.g. King et al SE Asia was under AUD$10 and it is normally just a
bit more.

Happy reading.

Russell Woodford
Hiding now in Geelong