birding-aus

Re: Colour chart

To: (Kim Lim)
Subject: Re: Colour chart
From: Stephen Greenfield & Kit Hansen <>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 22:16 CST
One standard color reference is Frank B. Smithe, Natutalist's Color Guide
and Supplement, NY: American Museum of Natural History, 1975 (but later
revised, I think).  The guide has 86 color swatches; the supplement has a
lengthy discussion of this and other color scales, and of each of their 86
colors, including numerous examples in nature.  I bought a copy in their
museum bookshop a long time ago... if you can't find something in Australia,
I can find out how you can order one from the US.