birding-aus

A couple of observations!

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: A couple of observations!
From: "Ian Cowan" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 17:05:58 +1100
A couple of observations this week that I thought might be of interest!

Early Thursday morning on a quick business trip to townsville I saw an
Osprey sitting on top of one of the buildings right in the heart of the
city.  It's call was rather eerie as it echoed down the near empty mall.

This morning as I was walking along the beach (Clifton Beach) I came across
a beach washed specimen of a fig parrot.  No apparent cause of death.  I
thought this was most unusual.

Ian Cowan