birding-aus

Barn Swallow in the desert

Subject: Barn Swallow in the desert
From: Allan Burbidge <>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 00:46:31 +0800 (WST)
I have just returned from a trip to the western deserts where we saw a
number of interesting birds, but perhaps the most interesting was a Barn
Swallow near Well 33, Canning Stock Route.
Although this species regularly occurs on the the north-west coast, this
appears to be the first inland record in Western Australia, if not
Australia. Does anyone know of any other inland records of Barn Swallows in
Australia?
Details of this (and some other intersting sightings from the trip) can be
found at http://cygwww.uwa.edu.au/~austecol/sighting.html#WA

Cheers,
Allan Burbidge

Allan Burbidge
E-mail:
Snail:   PO Box 312, Wanneroo, Western Australia  6065
Tel/fax: + 61 9 306 1642              http://cygwww.uwa.edu.au/~austecol/