Re: Esoteric Mic Builds: Multi-style Capsule SASS

Subject: Re: Esoteric Mic Builds: Multi-style Capsule SASS
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 pm ((PST))
Tom,

Connecting these four capsules to four separate channels of the Zoom F8 sou=
nds like a good approach. I=92m presuming you=92ll be recording at 192 kHz =
sample rate. And the stated calling frequency range  of 40-75 kHz for the b=
ats meshes well with the F8, since that recorder starts to roll off above 8=
0 kHz when sampling at 192 kHz.

=97Flawn

> On Feb 26, 2018, at 3:21 PM,  wrote:
>
> Mexican free tailed bats call between 40 and 75kHz. At the low end, aroun=
d, 48kHz and 20C temperatures, the wavelength is only 7.3cm. The EM258 caps=
ules are 6mm in diameter, so basically I'd be right in the mess of things, =
and it would only get worse at the higher frequencies. I'll build these usi=
ng one capsule per channel.