Creative Field Recording Workshop @ UnionDocs in Brooklyn NY

Subject: Creative Field Recording Workshop @ UnionDocs in Brooklyn NY
From: "Zach Poff" zacharypoff
Date: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am ((PST))
Hi fellow recordists. I have the great pleasure of leading this upcoming
workshop which brings together six artists and researchers at UnionDocs
in Brooklyn. I think there are still a few spots left. - Zach Poff

CREATIVE FIELD RECORDING [1] A three-day intensive on the theory and
practice of field recording for various forms of sound design

FRIDAY, MAR 23 AT 10:00 AM =96 SUNDAY, MAR 25 AT 5:00 PM

Details and registration here. [1]
(Cheaper early bird registration ends March 9th, 2018 at 5PM.)

Sound has a special relationship to emotion, instinct, and memory, both
individual and collective. Tapping into an ancient area of our brain,
sound provides immediate information telling us where we are, if it is
safe, and how we should feel about that.

This three-day intensive and immersive workshop, with lead instructor
Zach Poff, will have its participants considering the path from
listening, to recording, to designing sound for various project forms.
Covering topics and techniques from listening to Deep Listening,
soundwalks and sound recording in the field, the relationship between
the soundscape and sound design, and what is carried and created on the
path from recording and recordings, to sound art, performance, and
design.

Guest instructors include:

Bonnie Jones [2]

Benjamin Tausig [3]