Soundscapes in the past: Adding a new dimension to our archaeologica

Subject: Soundscapes in the past: Adding a new dimension to our archaeologica
From: "Subramanian Sankar" subbush
Date: Thu Aug 3, 2017 8:48 am ((PDT))
Hi. I found an article that you might like: "Soundscapes in the past:
Adding a new dimension to our archaeological picture of ancient cultures" =
=97

Putting sound back into the archaeological landscape is an important part
of understanding how people lived, what they valued, how they shaped their
identities and experienced the world and their place in it. This growing
field is called acoustic archaeology, or archaeoacoustics. By considering
the sounds heard by people moving through the landscape, we=92re able to mo=
re
fully understand their culture, and thus better relate to them as human
beings

http://theconversation.com/soundscapes-in-the-past-
adding-a-new-dimension-to-our-archaeological-picture-of-
ancient-cultures-80861