Re: Live broadcast ?

Subject: Re: Live broadcast ?
From: "Flawn Williams" flawn1951
Date: Wed May 3, 2017 7:05 pm ((PDT))
Thanks for this reminder, Dan. I had just been looking at a Rode accessory =
that connects two of their TRRS lav mics to an iPhone=92s TRRS jack. But I =
had to get down to the fine print to see that the two mics are being summed=
 to mono before heading in for recording!

=97Flawn

"The R=D8DE SC6 Dual TRRS Input and Headphone Output for Smartphones is an =
input/output breakout box for smartphones and tablets. It has two TRRS inpu=
ts and one stereo headphone output. It connects to any TRRS device, such as=
 your smartphone, and allows you to use one or two smartLav microphones whi=
le providing a headphone jack for monitoring and playback. Use it to monito=
r audio from the smartLav and input two smartLavs into the mono channel in =
interview or dual-dialog applications.=94

> On May 3, 2017, at 9:17 PM,  wrote:
>
> My understanding is that a TRRS cable can give you a mono mic input, and =
output two channels to drive headphones. There is no analog stereo input on=
 any iPhone.

> To get stereo into an iPhone it is necessary to use an accessory that inc=
ludes stereo D-to-A converters, and connects to the charging port of the iP=
hone. 30-pin or Lightning, depending on the age of the phone.