Re: Recordings with smartphones

Subject: Re: Recordings with smartphones
From: whitby333
Date: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:25 pm ((PDT))
Hey folks,

Don't think anyone is comparing cell phones to doing it right:), but someti=
mes my phone is all I have when a moment presents itself... that's when 'go=
od enough' is better than nothing.

On iPhone I use 'RecorderApp' (available in iTunes Store).  When I first go=
t it it was available in a free version, but even with all the whistles & b=
ells it's cheap:).

Anyone who knows good recording techniques can optimize their built-in mic =
and decent locations to capture something useable...

Records 44.1/16 (and I 'think' better in the newer version).  You can uploa=
d directly to iCloud, Dropbox, etc., and that's handy.

Not suggesting this as 'rig one':), but when an opportunity presents itself=
... and you might not get another chance...
Just saying,
Jim